5.26.2010

ice cream.

One of the things I love best is to share my childhood favorites with my kids.
A favorite childhood memory, a favorite story, a favorite movie, a favorite song, or a favorite book.
It unites parent and child like nothing else.

While looking through my country living mag this month, I was reminded of one such favorite memory.

Spending summer nights in my grandma's backyard, sitting on the old churn-style ice cream maker, while someone else churn the ice cream by hand. And then getting to taste whatever amazing flavor my grandma had whipped up that night.

Anyway, there was a spread on homemade ice cream.  Full of recipes and pictures.
That's when I decided I've got to not only share this memory with my kids but recreate it for them.

After doing a little research this ice cream maker seems to be the best for the $$.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 2qt Cuisinart, stainless steel, that I LOVE. It really is such a fun activity to do with your children! I remember making ice cream with my grandma in the old churn too! Kids DO remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the ice cream maker I have and I like it. Ooh you can make the pinkberry knock-off frozen yogurt. So good!

    ReplyDelete